Friday, March 15, 2013

Sketch Fun with The Deconstructed Sketch No 93

With all my DT and class commitments under control, classes kitted up and a quiet house to myself I made a quick card tonight for one of the many "male" birthdays that are coming up in the next few weeks.

To get my card started I decided to play along with a sketch challenge that I have not used before - The Deconstructed Sketch! Although I do head over to the blog and check out the sketches and check out what the talented DT and participants create quite often!

So here i the sketch!

Deconstructed Sketch No. 93

And this is the card I created -


The papers are from Authentique - I just love the colour combo! together with some MFT die-namics dies.

 
Instead of the three semi-circular accents I decided to add a stacked set of had cut fishtail banners.

 
I am experimenting a little with the idea of "doodling" on my die cut element and grabbed the white pen to add some random and grungy looking detail to the stars and sentiment.  The aim was to try and be "messy" to work along with the distressing and inking I already incorporated. 

The MFT die-namics dies I used:
By the Letter
By the Number
Polka Dot Greetings
Stacking Stars

Thanks to the talented Jen at The Deconstructed Sketch for the inspiration and thanks to you for dropping by!

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant card, I love the way you have used the sentiment - fantastic !

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the lovely feedback and for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  2. Hey Leanne-love this card...the colors are wonderful and the banners are fabulous!! Perfect man card!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...