Friday, October 5, 2012

ISSC36 - Free For All Friday Sketch Rewind!

It's Friday and you know what that means ........ It's time for another sketch challenge over at iSpy.  I love the challenge this week as we get to revisit a favourite sketch - this is the challenge:


Now as sad as I am to admit it, I had not always had time to play along each week with the iSpy girls before joining the DT.  So for me this challenge was a chance to play along with a sketch I had missed in the past.

I decided to go back and play along to sketch no 20.  The iSpy guest that week was  Lori Boyd (3Bugs&Me @ SCS) and was based on this card. A few of the iSpy DT have had the opportunity to work with Lori on design teams and she's one very talented lady!

Here is the sketch:

 
And this is the card I created using Lori's sketch:
 
 
 
Now some of my regular visitors might notice my photos look a little different this week.  My darling hubby has made me a light box for photographing my cards so now I can photograph any time of the day!  He is such a sweetie!
 
The card was made with some of my favourite papers from My Mind Eye and Cosmo Cricket and the bingo card was from Kaisercraft.
 
The cute bingo cards come in a pack and have a bold black and white finish. 
 
 
 
But with some antique linen and tea dye distress ink, edge distressing and a bit of sanding I managed to give it that shabby chic feel I so love.
 



Of course I had to add in some die cut elements using my MFT die-namics.  The Mini Royal Rose has quickly become one of my fav flowers to create and it teamed up well with the Mini Doily Circles and the Triple Scallop border dies.






 
Materials:
 
Paper - MME Lost & Found Two Blush "Sweet" Bouquet,  Cosmo Cricket Odds & ends Remnant and Sampler, Kaisercard Vanilla.
 
Dies - MFT die namics - Triple Scallop Border, Mini Royal Rose and Mini Doily Circles.
 
Punches - Medium leaf punch from Punch Bunch.
 
Other - Kaisercraft Miss Match Collection Bingo Cards, TH Distress Ink in Antique Linen and Tea Dye, buttons from my stash, ribbon by Birch and vintage twine.

Now if you would like to join in the "Free For All Friday Fun" here is how to play:

  • Create a paper crafting project (card, scrap book page or 3D item), based on the sketch provided. Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery and link it here with the inlinkz widget.
  • Please provide a direct link to your post - not the generic link to your blog.
  • A new challenge will be posted every Friday at 12:01 AM EST, and you have until noon on the following Friday EST to submit your entry.
  • You may enter as many times as you like, but please provide a newly designed project with a new link for each additional project.
  • We will choose the top 2 creations to be featured in our "Top 2 Winners" post every Sunday where we will announce who we have picked :) The winners will receive their very own iSpy Sketches blog badge!
  • Don't forget that you may combine our challenges with others and use supplies from any company that you wish :)
  • Have fun and we look forward to "spying" your creations!

Head over to the challenge blog here and join the fun!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...