Saturday, May 26, 2012

ISSC17 and CR84FN54 - 4 U

Wow are the weeks flying by!  I seem to be saying that every time I post.  This week I was determined to get at least one challenge card completed after I finished my design team and cards class commitments. So here it is!

This weeks card combines two challenges.  The first is the card sketch from the iSpy sketch challenges blog. The sketch was inspired by Amy Rohl.



The second challenge blog that I used was from the inspirational Mona over at CR84FN Color Challenge



To incorporate the colour challenge I had to rummage through my paper collection and ended up selecting papers from Kaisercraft, Basic Grey and Authentique.  Here it is -

I also set myself the challenge of not inking on this card.  For those of you who know me well this is a HUGE challenge.  I did however, need to edge distress - can't help myself!

The striped elements of the card were made with ribbon and my MFT die namics Scallop Ribbon die. I decided to finish my stripes at the embellishment piece.

The main embellishment was made using my MFT die namics Well Worn Greetings die, oval cutters and an image downloaded and printed from the fabulously talented Beatriz Jennings AKA Iralamija.  I finished the embellishment off with some Kaisercraft pearls and spika and gelly roll pens.  Its a little hard to capture in the photo but each layer of the embellishment had a fine edge of glitter applied to it.


For the tag off to the left I actually decided to split it in two.  For this I used the MFT die namics First Place Award Ribbon die.  I also decided to add some MFT die namics Mini Rolled Roses, Punch Bunch leaves and a ribbon and vintage twine bow taking inspiration from the CR84FN pictures.

The whole card was edged with the MFT Scallop Ribbon die and mounted on a co-ordinating neutral card base.  I cut this small enough to be hidden behind the front panel so that the border was highlighted a little more.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. So pretty with all the lace, flowers, vintage feel! Thanks for joining in at I Spy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shabby image and the flower/leaf/bow combo is fabulous! Thanks for playing at I Spy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! So pretty! Love the shabby look of your card. Thanks for joining us at Ispy Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage image withe the little nosegay of flowers - So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with the iSpy Crew this week :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...