Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mojo Monday 239 - 80 Happy Birthday

I was excited to head over to the Mojo Monday challenge this week, as I knew it was the last one for the month of may, which meant it would be a round or square challenge.  I absolutely love making round cards so of course you can guess which sketch I followed.  Here they are



I still had one more 80th card to make for a friends mum so I have incorporated that into the design as well. Here is the card I made -




The papers were from the Cosmo Cricket Tea for Two range which I really love and the card base was from Archiver's Your Truly stationary that I picked up when I worked for them in America.




On the bow I added some  Kaisercraft flowers and vintage twine.  You can also see the hand stitching which went around the card and across the central banner section.  I then added some pearl detail with Kaisercraft pearls.  The lace was from my stash.




I decided to move away from the square tag embellishment and use an MFT doily (yes- my fav's again!!) and then I added a fishtail banner to the centre of the tag.  Using rubons, I was able to cut the greeting into pieces and get it to follow the line of the central oval piece.  It's a little hard to see but the 80 also has some distress stickles applied to it.

Thanks again for dropping by!



 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely comments and for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Blue and cream is such a fabulous pair--a perfect creation!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Yes I love the blue and cream combo too!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card, Leanne! I'm your new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and stopping by the blog Anne-Elise. Thank you also for becoming a follower of my blog!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...