This week the sketch is based on a card designed by Cindy Elam (Cards4Ever @ SCS) and is based on this card
Here is the sketch:
The thing I love about sketch challenges is being able to "play" with the sketch to make it work for you and the papers you have selected. So this week I chose to flip the sketch and to reduce the size of some of the elements to get it to work with the patterned paper I chose from MME.
So here is the card I created:
I wanted to make sure that the pretty little floral pattern at the bottom left was still visible which prompted me to flip the sketch and reduce the size of the horizontal band. I also chose to stagger the three vertical strips as well. I added some machine stitching to the border as well.
The oval embellishment was created with a series of MFT die-namics dies and I used foam tape to assemble it to add some layers and definition.
The oval decorative doily was cut to fit the bottom 1/3 of the oval.
I added some liquid pearls too! I love using this product as you can spot it anywhere you like and make the pearls just the right size. I distress inked the sticker greeting and added some twine and flowers to finish things off.
Paper - MME "the sweetest thing" lavender, Bazzil cardstock
Dies - My Favorite Things die-namics - oval decorative doily duo, mini scallop edge, fishtail banner and oval stax 2
Punch - Carl mini heart
Other - Darice hemp twine, Ranger Liquid Pearls (white opal), doodlebug sticker greeting, Green Tara mini roses and TH Tea Dye distress ink
So why not play along with me and the other special agents at iSpy!
Here is how to play:
- Create a paper crafting project (card, scrap book page or 3D item), based on the sketch provided.Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery (using a code ISSC30), and link it here with the inlinkz widget below.
- Please provide a direct link to your post - not the generic link to your blog.
- A new challenge will be posted every Friday at 12:01 AM EST, and you have until noon on the following Friday EST to submit your entry.
- You may enter as many times as you like, but please provide a newly designed project with a new link for each additional project.
- We will choose the top 2 creations to be featured in our "Top 2 Winners" post every Sunday where we will announce who we have picked :) The winners will receive their very own iSpy Sketches blog badge!
- Don't forget that you may combine our challenges with others and use supplies from any company that you wish :)
- Have fun and we look forward to "spying" your creations!
Head over to the challenge blog here and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!