Friday, September 7, 2012

ISSC32

Hello and welcome to my first iSpy Sketch Challenge post as one of their Design Team members!!!! 

This week the challenge is a great one for using up your scraps of paper.  You will love playing along!

ISSC32 challenge is inspired by the talented Marie-Alice (ladybug91743 @ SCS) and is based on this card

So here is the sketch:



And here is the card I created:



At first I began cutting squares from my patterned paper scraps then I grabbed out my MFT mix & match banner dies and cut 3 of then to also add in.  I mounted these with foam to give them a bit more definition.


Of course I had no hesitation in distressing and inking all my edges - my favourite shabby chic technique!  The bow was tied with hemp twine and I had a matching button to add from my collection.  The fishtail banner embellishment was made from lace and I added pearls as well.




The rolled rose was cut from the same patterned paper as the banner pieces.  I love making co-ordinating flowers!  The Verve Birthday Bash greeting was stamped with Versa Color ink and the circle was also edge distressed and inked. I added some lace at the bottom of the card to tie in with the piece used on the top right and added some pearls to it too.




To add more interest and definition to the card  I mounted the cardstock panel with foam together with the mini circle doily.


Materials Used:

Paper - My Minds Eye, The Sweetest Thing -Bluebell and Kaisercraft card CD158 Sea Foam and a scrap of bazzil green.
Dies - My Favorite Things Die-namics Mini Rolled Roses, Min & Match Banner and Mini Doily Circles
Stamps - Verve Birthday Bash set
Other - Versa Color 154 Bark ink, Stampin' Up Chantilly lace, Kaisercraft pearls, button, hemp twine, edge distressor, and Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink.
Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look at my first iSpy DT card.  I had so much fun and you can too!
So why not play along with me and the other special agents at iSpy!
Here is how to play:
  • Create a paper crafting project (card, scrap book page or 3D item), based on the sketch provided.Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery (using a code ISSC30), and link it here with the inlinkz widget below.
  • Please provide a direct link to your post - not the generic link to your blog.
  • A new challenge will be posted every Friday at 12:01 AM EST, and you have until noon on the following Friday EST to submit your entry.
  • You may enter as many times as you like, but please provide a newly designed project with a new link for each additional project.
  • We will choose the top 2 creations to be featured in our "Top 2 Winners" post every Sunday where we will announce who we have picked :) The winners will receive their very own iSpy Sketches blog badge!
  • Don't forget that you may combine our challenges with others and use supplies from any company that you wish :)
  • Have fun and we look forward to "spying" your creations!
Head over to the challenge blog here and enjoy!







10 comments:

  1. Fun papers - fabulous distressing!! Great job with the sketch~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the soft colors and the rolled rose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, So pretty Leanne! Congrats again on your new position with the ispy girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is just beautiful! So many pretty details! Love that your squares aren't all squres! ;) Your little delicate flower is perfect and I adore the twine with the button!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. Great to hear from you!

      Delete
  5. Fabulous card!!! The wrapped twine with button and lace tag are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...