So the sketch at iSpy this week features Joanne Basile (basilefamily @ SCS) and is based on this card
Here is the sketch:
and this is the card I created:
I decided to allow the circular doily element to overhang the side of the card a little, use some banners and try and incorporate washi tape in a few different ways.
The first thing I did with the washi tape was create quick and easy panels at the top of the card and on the centre of the doily. Then I layered up some strips of washi tape on some cream card and die cut my banners and rolled rose from them. Then from the scraps I grabbed my favourite butterfly punch and created some two toned butterflies to layer up on the tag. Finally i grabbed a little mini peg and covered that with the tape.
Paper - Echo Park Country Drive, cream cardstock
Dies - MFT die - namics Dainty Doily Medium, First Place Award Ribbon (fishtail banners) and Mini Rolled Rose
Other - MME The Sweetest Thing Decorative Lavender "Reason's Why" washi tape, Punch Bunch medium leaf punch, MS Glasenne Butterfly punch, Birch organza ribbon, mini peg, TH Tea Dye distress ink, Kaisercraft pearls and BBP rub on.
So why not play along with me and the other special agents at iSpy!
Here is how to play:
- Create a paper crafting project (card, scrap book page or 3D item), based on the sketch provided.Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery (using a code ISSC30), and link it here with the inlinkz widget below.
- Please provide a direct link to your post - not the generic link to your blog.
- A new challenge will be posted every Friday at 12:01 AM EST, and you have until noon on the following Friday EST to submit your entry.
- You may enter as many times as you like, but please provide a newly designed project with a new link for each additional project.
- We will choose the top 2 creations to be featured in our "Top 2 Winners" post every Sunday where we will announce who we have picked :) The winners will receive their very own iSpy Sketches blog badge!
- Don't forget that you may combine our challenges with others and use supplies from any company that you wish :)
- Have fun and we look forward to "spying" your creations!
Head over to the challenge blog here and enjoy!