Thursday, December 6, 2012

Retro Sketch #40 - Brand New Challenge!

I am so excited this week.  I have been powering through my DT assignments and have finished and uploaded all but 1 of them so stay tuned to see what I have been up to over at the Aussie Scrap Source Blog in the coming weeks.

As a bit of a reward I decided to play along with a sketch challenge - I just love sketch challenges as they kick start your creativity but give you the freedom to create with whatever colours, products and embellishments you like.

The lovely Arielle, who is a fellow iSpy DT member, has an awesome sketch challenge blog.  Retro Sketches  gives you a sketch based on one of the DT's previous creations, they make a new card and then we all follow along.  I have favourite card layouts that I often go back to as I know they work well so I loved the idea of this challenge.

So here is the sketch they posted based on one of Arielle's cards:



And here is the card I created:

 
Each panel on the card was edge distressed and I gave it a faux stitched border as well.
 
 
I have been playing with my Martha punches of late and just love this branch punch for creating wreathes. I used a combination of red, green and blue papers to create it with and then added some pearls. . Instead of a fishtail embellishment I added a lace loop which I tied to a button before adding it to the card. I moved this element a little further out on the card.

 
 
Materials:
Paper: MME Be Merry
Punch: MS M230367 Branch
Other: Pearls by Portacraft, buttons, twine, lace (from the stash!) and mini Christmas sticker.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I love your card ! Really beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness! I love this! That wreath is fantastic! And those colors are really fun! Thanks for playing along at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget